With organizations and people from all over Quebec, especially with other members of the FRAPRU, we are part of the campaign For Social Housing Now!
– To highlight housing needs (including problems of affordability, disrepair, gentrification, etc.) and non-profit housing projects;
– To call on the government of Quebec to invest in the development of new social housing projects;
– To call on the government of Quebec to provide the necessary funding increases to deliver the social housing units that have alraedy been budgeted by previous governments but that haven’t yet been built;
– To connect local actions with the demand of 50 000 new social housing units in five years;
– To emphasize the need for community control of housing and to denounce the way housing is treated as a commodity.
To know the next steps in the campaign, check out the FRAPRU’s website (in French) or call Steve Baird of the CACV at 514 769-2228, extension 102. We would be happy to work with you!